How to Volunteer
- Check out current Volunteer Opportunities and learn more about the work of the Organization. You may want to contact them directly if you find what interests you.
- If you would like, you can call for an appointment at 250-372-8313.
- Fill out an application form either beforehand or at our office. Volunteer Application Form (doc); Volunteer Application Form (pdf). Criminal Record Check*Please note the Criminal Record Check is for VK Office Volunteers
- Based on your interests, we will seek to match you to the volunteer opportunities our members have sent us, or even connect you to an agency that matches how you want to contribute to the community. We provide several referrals that you follow up yourself.
It’s that easy! We also have some organizations’ volunteer application forms and program information on hand for you to get more information about their volunteer position(s).
We acknowledge the support of the Province of British Columbia in funding aspects of this program
Snow Angels Program
Snow Angels Program
The Snow Angels Program gears up every November to help seniors and individuals with mobility challenges by removing snow from their driveways and sidewalks. Each year, Snow Angels volunteers assist over 100 seniors and individuals with mobility challenges in Kamloops with snow removal services.
- Shovel snow from the driveway and sidewalk within a 24-hour window
- You must be physically fit to complete the job and be reliable
- Must be ready/prepared to shovel snow when needed
- Family volunteering welcome (children ages 14 and under must have supervision)
- Volunteers will be matched with seniors in their area
- Police Information Check Required (PIC)
How to get started:
- Please complete an application form either beforehand or at our office. Volunteer Application Form (doc); Volunteer Application Form (pdf) and write “Snow Angels” under the section – “Are you looking for a specific volunteer opportunity” and if you can shovel more than one place in that area, please let us know how many you would like to assist with.
- Contact the Snow Angels Program Coordinator to learn more about the program
- Complete a Criminal Record Check*Please note the Criminal Record Check is for Snow Angels Volunteers
- Once the Criminal Record Check is received back from the RCMP you will get matched to seniors or individuals with mobility challenges in your neighbourhood.
To link or integrate mental health consumers with community organizations in a way that promotes their involvement and enhances community awareness about various mental health issues.
We would like to thank Interior Health for their support in our twelfth year of providing this program.
The FOCUS Program assists adults 19 and over who are challenged by mental health concerns to find suitable volunteer placements. Conditions may include depression, anxieties, or any other mental health condition.
In addition, the Therapeutic Volunteer Program is a specialized program for those diagnosed with a mental illness and meeting the admission guidelines of the program. It is a long-term program and has limited intake numbers each year.
Anyone is welcome to make an appointment, either directly or through a professional referral, to find out how the program works and what opportunities are available. Our contact information is in the “About us” tab.
The FOCUS Coordinator has extensive contacts with organizations in the community which offer opportunities for personal growth and development through volunteering. Skills development might include team-building, clerical, computer, communication, and interpersonal relationships. Each volunteer creates an action plan that can include career planning, which involves seeking volunteer opportunities that could build skills and lead into future employment in the community.