Benefits of Membership:
1. Improved public profile for your volunteer needs through:
-Detailed referral information provided to individuals that are seeking volunteer opportunities at our office.
-Free advertising in many newspapers, community publications, radio, television, Internet classifieds and news services of your volunteer listing(s) distributed every Thursday.
-Listings are also distributed to employment agencies, community colleges, universities, and many other community centers and agencies.
-Listing of your volunteer positions on the Volunteer Kamloop's website with links to your agency’s website.
-Unlimited volunteer opportunities listings for the year, such as special events, fundraising dinners, or additional volunteer opportunities all at no additional fee.
2. Right to a vote at the Volunteer Kamloops AGM and inclusion in consultations regarding future programming;
3. Reduced rates on services such as National Volunteer Week newspaper insert advertising, and workshops as they are planned;
4. Receive updates or connect to our website for links to a wide range of resources to support your agency’s work with volunteers.
Responsibilities of Membership:
1. Agreement with and commitment to support the mission and vision of Volunteer Kamloops;
2. Participation in Volunteer Kamloops Annual General Meetings and other consultation processes regarding our program direction;
3. Commitment to endorse and follow the principles of the Canadian Code for Voluntary Involvement to provide rewarding, safe and supported volunteer opportunities that are available to a wide diversity of individuals and are non-partisan;
4. Support Volunteer Kamloops to provide current and accurate information to the public regarding community volunteer opportunities by forwarding changes in staff, volunteer positions and needs, volunteer intake processes, and agency information to Volunteer Kamloops.