The Link Program at Volunteer Kamloops serves the community of Kamloops with goals to connect people with meaningful and appropriate volunteering opportunities from among the local organizations. The Link Coordinator acts as a pivotal role within Volunteer Kamloops and provides the main administrative liaison between the local non-profit agencies and community volunteers.
This contract position is 17-20 hours per week with flexible working from home hours, these hours must be communicated to other VK staff members with an agreed upon weekly check-in meeting with the Link assistant and Focus Program Coordinator. Phone calls and email must be answered in a timely manner even though the Link Coordinator may be required to work outside of regular office hours to attend monthly board meetings and volunteer related events such as the Volunteer Fair and Time raiser.
While this position is for part-time a motivated individual has the capacity to grow this position to a full-time opportunity with additional responsibilities with fund development and grant approval.
- Ensure Agencies and individuals contacting Volunteer Kamloops are provided with accurate information and assistance promptly and refer out to other staff when deemed necessary.
- Provide courteous and professional face-to face, telephone and or video conferencing services.
- Conduct volunteer interviews with a follow-up to ensure the placement has been successful for both the volunteer and the agency.
- Facilitate presentations and volunteer orientations quarterly or when necessary.
- Attending a multitude of community events to promote VK and recruit both volunteers and non-profit agencies.
- Develop and maintain system operating procedures to ensure new memberships and volunteer request records are up to date.
- Provide monthly statistical reports to be used and presented for agency needs.
- Research and write grant proposals to keep the program funded.
- Create and distribute quarterly newsletters to our membership and volunteers.
- Develop a content calendar for weekly postings across the Volunteer Kamloops social media platforms and website.
- Administrative support to other Volunteer Kamloops Programs.
- Administrative support to the Board of Directors, including board recruitment and onboarding communication, monthly meeting items, and AGM planning.
General Skills include:
- Microsoft Office 365
- Database Management
- Able to work independently, while being self-motivated and creative.
- Able to work collaboratively with the board of directors and staff, volunteers, and community members.
- Organizational skills to manage tasks effectively and efficiently.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills for working with a diverse client base, including non-profit agencies, volunteers, and individual citizens of all ages and backgrounds.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Experience in volunteerism and non-profit sector a bonus.
Please send resume and cover letter, including references to email@example.com and please note the position in your email subject line.
Application closing date is Monday November 20, 2023