Photograph Courtesy of Steve Dinicol
We will be at the Kamloops Hiring Fair!
Engaging a community that volunteers
The community of Kamloops is strengthened through our promotion of the many values and benefits of volunteering, and our support in the form of volunteer recruitment and referral as well as resources, tools and learning opportunities to develop effective volunteer programs.
History and Activities
Since 1985, Volunteer Kamloops has provided volunteer recruitment and referral services for our members, who could be any group undertaking a volunteer project in the community. We are a Registered Charity (132712670RR0001) and a BC Society with our own voluntary Board of Directors. We take as our terms of reference the basic Volunteer Centre roles outlined by Volunteer BC:
- Connecting people with opportunities to serve
- Promoting and recognizing volunteerism
- Building capacity for effective local volunteering
- Providing leadership on issues relating to volunteerism
Currently we provide three main programs in addition to the basic operation as a volunteer centre:
We promote volunteer opportunities through:
- Our website Current Volunteer Opportunities
- Weekly advertising of the Weekly Volunteer Highlights
- Listings of new requests distributed around the community through email, fax, television, radio, and various publications
- Community volunteer fairs
- Media articles and interviews
- By direct contact and referral of the hundreds of individuals who call or drop in to our office through the year
A key annual event is National Volunteer Week annually during the third week of April. Through training and networking opportunities, we support the efforts of organizations to provide high quality volunteer programs and opportunities. Our staff members convene and participate on community committees and collaborations to achieve shared needs or address issues that affect voluntary agencies. We advocate on behalf of volunteers and the value of voluntary service in all aspects of our work.
This website is generously hosted by ADROIT Technologies
Please note that we are a registered charity, and your donations are tax deductible.