- Link on our website the first point of contact for community volunteers
- Marketing and promotion of Volunteer Requests
- Unlimited numbers of requests for volunteers
- Involvement in cooperative promotional publications and events
- Reduced cost for educational events
- 1 vote at Annual and Special General Meetings
- Eligibility to nominate Board members
Marketing and promotion of Volunteer Requests
Email of new events to our database of Special Event Volunteers
We promote your volunteer needs through a variety of methods, including:
- An on-line listing of volunteer opportunities.
- Weekly Volunteer Highlights advertising in Print, Radio, TV, Faxing, E-mails, Facebook, Twitter, and many online classifieds.
- Making referrals to phone-in, walk-in, or emailed-in volunteers based on matching their skills and interests to your request.
Complete the downloadable Volunteer Request Form for each position or event to be promoted. REMEMBER: it is important to make your volunteer recruitment plans well in advance of your needs. We’ll need at least two weeks to try to properly recruit volunteers for you. PDF Version
When volunteers are referred to you from our office they will be given a referral form with your agency’s information and position description. Upon request, we will also send a report of the volunteers who have been referred to you. Submit your requests to email@example.com. It is important to make some type of contact soon after potential volunteers are referred to you – even if it’s just to let them know how long it will take you to get back to them!
|Not-For-Profit Group (Budget over $100,000/Year)||$98.00/year|
|Not-For-Profit Group (Budget under $100,000/Year)||$61.50/year
|For-Profit Group (Businesses)||$98.00/year|
- Memberships are from April 1 through March 31
- Special Events qualify for a $40.00 one time event free.
- Payment by Cheque/Cash only.
Membership that is paid in mid-month would be considered as the entire month.
- Association of Volunteer Managers of BC
- Charity Village
- Energize, Inc
- Imagine Canada – Resource Library and Risk Management
- RCMP Criminal Record and Vulnerable Sector checks
- Tech Soup Canada – almost FREE software and Technology Use Webinars
- Volunteer Canada
- Resources on Volunteer Management
- Boomer Generation as Volunteers
- Bridging the Gap – study on current trends in Canadian volunteer expectations