The vision of ASK Wellness Society is to work towards a society that recognizes the value and potential of each and every individual.
Mission & Purposes
The mission and purposes of the Society under our constitution are:
- To promote housing, health services, education, employment and community awareness with respect to HIV/AIDS, Hepatitis C, the marginalized and persons at risk.
- To promote financial, emotional and personal care support services to the community for individual/family/friends affected by HIV/AIDS, Hepatitis C, the marginalized and persons at risk-if and when the need arises.
- To liaise with other local/provincial/national organizations involved/interested in HIV/AIDS, Hepatitis C, the marginalized and persons at risk.
- The promote research on HIV/AIDS, Hepatitis C, the marginalized and persons at risk.
- To receive donations, grants and funds, and administer same consistent with the objectives of the Society
The following values represent the standards that we embrace and support:
- ASK believes the key to helping people to become self-sufficient is through HOPE.
- ASK believes a healthy community is a one that is INCLUSIVE.
- ASK believes TRUST is at the heart of community both in ASK Wellness Society and in the communities we serve.
- ASK believes COMPASSION ensures no one gets left behind
The Society believes all individuals have a right to safe and affordable housing.
We are charged with the task of assisting those who are homeless or are at risk of becoming homeless, in finding, securing and maintaining suitable housing in the service area.
The Society recognizes the value and dignity of each individual.
We encourage and support our clients to make healthy choices and we respect the choices that they make. We advocate with and on behalf of our clients to improve their quality of life.
The Society believes all individuals deserve equity in accessibility.
We collaborate with community partners and actively participate in community efforts to ensure that basic human rights are protected. We promote shared, private and public responsibility in the delivery of education and awareness activities in the community.
The Society believes harm reduction promotes and supports the health and well-being of both individuals and communities.
We believe that all humans have the right to comprehensive, non-judgmental services based on individual need. Through education and prevention efforts, we work to reduce the risk of harm for individuals engaged in or affected by risky behaviours.
Have you filled out an long style application form in the past 5 years?Yes