The Mentorship Program is designed to meet the needs of volunteers who want very short-term volunteer opportunities in a supported and supervised way (5 to 30 Hours).
The program is designed for:
- Ages 14+ and up
- Kamloops Restorative Justice Program participants who have agreed to do community service as part of their restitution
- Students needing to complete their graduation volunteer requirements
- People new to the area including new immigrants
- First time volunteers
- International students from TRU
- People needing to develop/enhance employability skills
- Those with disabilities or any other volunteer candidates who might need a trial period to assess suitability before investing a lot into training
How to get started:
- Book an appointment with the Link Program Coordinator
- Complete the Volunteer Application/Police Information Check (PIC) forms, and drop them off at the RCMP
- Intake Interview: overview of the program, and assessment of your skills and interests to select potential volunteer matches.
- Once the PIC is received back from the RCMP, then the second appointment is booked to complete the volunteer placement process.
A Volunteer Log Form is available to track hours and activities for educational, employment, or community requirements.